Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 

Mitgliederkarte | Ninja-World Homepage | Ninja-World Galerie | Letzte Beiträge | Smilies | Mysmilie.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 2 mal aufgerufen
 Ninja-World-Tagesschau
Bellroll33 Offline

Routinier

13.08.2019 09:19
when he recorded just one out and allowe antworten

MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza was fuming after his previous start, the shortest of his career when he recorded just one out and allowed five runs. What a difference five days make. Garza allowed two hits in eight innings, and Ryan Braun hit one of three homers for the Milwaukee Brewers in a 9-1 victory over the New York Mets on Thursday night. "His last start probably upset him enough that he had a lot to prove tonight, and he threw the ball well," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Jonathan Lucroy and Khris Davis also connected for the Brewers, who took a 6-0 lead after three innings against Dillon Gee (4-3) to win their fourth consecutive game. Garza (7-7) gave up five runs in one-third of an inning Saturday at Washington. It was a different story against the Mets. The right-hander yielded a third-inning single to Wilmer Flores, recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas earlier Thursday, and a seventh-inning homer to Lucas Duda. Garza struck out four and walked one. Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said Garza had been throwing the ball well before the game against the Nationals. "I dont know how many outings, five, six in a row until that last one," Roenicke said. "And I didnt think he threw the ball that bad the last one. "I think he still had a lot of confidence. He was attacking the zone with the fastball. When hes good thats what he does so well. He looked very confident coming into it." Garza downplayed the comeback this time, instead focusing on keeping the Brewers winning streak going. "The bigger thing was I kept this thing rolling," he said. "Our guys are swinging the bats well. I got an early cushion so it was easier to keep attacking. It was one of those nights where everything clicked on offence and it made my job a lot easier on the mound." The Mets sent 31 batters to the plate, four over the minimum. Milwaukee limped into the All-Star break, losing 11 of 13 games. They have won five of seven since then to open a three-game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates in the NL Central. During their slump, the Brewers had a power outage, hitting only seven homers in 13 games. Since the break, they have 12 in seven games. Lucroy hit his 12th and Davis added his 17th homer, both solo shots. Braun had a two-run shot, deep to left field. It was his 14th long ball and extended his hitting streak to 12 games. "Hitting is contagious," Davis said. "Once we start popping them out of the yard it feels like everybody is going to start." Dudas homer was his career-high 16th. Gee lasted only five innings for the second consecutive start and allowed six runs, the most he has given up all season. The right-hander allowed six hits and two walks and struck out six. It was the most runs given up by Gee since he was allowed seven in an 8-3 loss at Philadelphia on April 9, 2013, a span of 40 starts. "It seemed like everything they swung at, they hit hard," Gee said. "I am confident I can get it turned around." He was replaced to open the sixth by Daisuke Matsuzaka, whose first pitch was hit by Davis over the fence. NOTES: The Mets optioned OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis to Las Vegas. ... Mets SS Ruben Tejada was given the day off as a precaution after he was hit in the helmet by a pitch from Seattles Taijuan Walker. RF Curtis Granderson returned to the New York lineup after missing two games with a stomach virus. He went 0 for 4. ... The Brewers are playing Michael Jackson songs when Carlos Gomez strides to the plate, and the quirky outfielder is raising his right leg and imitating a leg kick done by the King of Pop before entering the batters box. Andre Reed Jersey . He made another correct read. The Browns, who have been shuttling quarterbacks on and off the field all season, finally got some good news on that front: Campbells ribs are only bruised. Zay Jones Jersey . Nothing pretty. But this is 1/4 World Cup. Usually plays out this way. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Tremaine-Edmunds-Bills-Jersey/ . "After consultation with the Team USA medical staff and officials, it was determined that he should return to Winnipeg as a precaution due to his previous injury history," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Wednesday in a statement. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . "Im not even that added up," the 39-year-old Australian replied. And to the Hall of Famers surprise, when all the math was done Sunday in the JTBC Founders Cup, she was the one posing for pictures with the big trophy. Cody Ford Womens Jersey . - The New England Patriots needed help on defence so they added three experienced players at midseason. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Toronto Blue Jays went limping home from their long, losing road trip. The struggling AL East leaders lost infielder Brett Lawrie and right fielder Jose Bautista with injuries and fell to the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 Sunday. Toronto was 3-7 on its visit to Baltimore, Yankee Stadium and Cincinnati. Lawrie, twice hit in the left hand by pitches earlier in the week, sustained a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch from Johnny Cueto in the second inning. The team didnt immediately announce how long he would be out. "Its definitely tough," said Lawrie, who said he expects to be placed on the disabled list. "Were big pieces of the puzzle, especially (Bautista). Its tough on the team to not have all its bullets. We just have to keep on grinding." Bautista left because of tightness in his left hamstring, manager John Gibbon said. The All-Star outfielder had a single and a sacrifice bunt before leaving. Cueto pitched eight effective innings and Todd Frazier broke a 2-all tie in the fifth with a two-run homer off R.A. Dickey (6-6). Toronto has lost five of six, and has dropped five straight series. Cueto (7-5) gave up three runs -- one earned -- and leads the NL with a 1.86 ERA. He gave up seven hits and struck out eight while winning his third straight start. Gibbon became just the latest opposing manager to be dazzled by Cueto, though he also was impressed by his own starter, who got two extra days of rest after his last start because of a sore groin. ""I thought (Dickey) was pretty good, except for the home-run ball," Gibbon said. "Thats been his nemesis. It was a hot day, but he stayed out there. Cueto was just a little bit better. Hes good. Hes in a different class." Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth for his 13th save. Cueto led off the fifth with a bunt single. One out later, Frazier lined his team-leading 17th homer of the season, and the sixth allowed by Dickey in his last four starts. "I felt good," Dickey said. "I gave up nine hits, but I think only two or three of them could be described as hard--hit.dddddddddddd I think all but one of my earned runs over my last four or five starts have come on home runs. Thats tough to overcome, especially against a guy like Cueto. I knew it was going to be a scrappy game from the beginning." The Reds had their own injury concerns. Second baseman Brandon Phillips left the game in the middle of the fifth with a bruised right heel, and Cueto had to shake off a hamstring cramp to stay in the game. "When Frazier hit that ball, I went back to tag and I felt it," Cueto said through a translator. "It was just a cramp." Frazier is tied with Pittsburghs Andrew McCutchen and Baltimores Adam Jones for the most home runs in the month of June, each with seven. Edwin Encarnacion led off the Toronto eighth with his 24th home run, connecting against his former team. He hit a pair of three-run shots Friday night while Toronto was coming back from an 8-0 deficit to grab a 14-9 win. The Reds used Encarnacions error at first to take a 1-0 lead in the first. With Frazier on first and two outs, Phillips was safe when Encarnacion couldnt handle third baseman Juan Franciscos throw on a chopper. Jay Bruce converted the error with an RBI single. The Blue Jays got help from two errors to take a 2-1 lead in the third. Munenori Kawasaki reached on first baseman Joey Vottos throwing error, Melky Cabrera singled and Toronto loaded the bases on Cuetos misplay of Jose Bautistas bunt. One out later, Colby Rasmus lined a two-run single. The Reds tied the game in the fourth on Bruces leadoff double, Ryan Ludwicks single and Brayan Penas run-scoring double-play grounder. Encarnacion homered off Cueto into the left-field seats. NOTES: Bautista was scheduled for an MRI on Monday. He left for pinch-runner Jose Reyes, who didnt start after fouling a ball off the side of his left knee on Saturday. ... Toronto is scheduled to open a seven-game homestand with the first of three against the Yankees on Monday. ... The Reds are due to open their second 10-game road trip of the season with the first of three games against the Cubs. ' ' '

Sprung  

Forum-Übersicht | Private Mails | Ninja-World Galerie | Letzte Beiträge | Cosgan-Smilies | Smilieportal

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de